Dental Implants in Twin Falls, ID
Restore Confidence to Your Smile at Summit Dental Care
Missing teeth put you at a higher risk for gum deterioration and can take a toll on your self-confidence as well. Dental implants are the most reliable and natural-looking tooth replacement option available. These titanium posts are placed right into your jawbone to replace the missing tooth root, and even benefit your health by stimulating jawbone growth. This placement prevents decay and ensures you have a smile that can last a lifetime.
If your smile is incomplete, dental implants are the premier tooth replacement procedure. Read on to learn more and decide if they’re the best solution for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants stand out against other tooth replacement options in several ways. The implant is designed to be a permanent solution– you never need to remove it. It looks, feels, and functions exactly like a natural tooth. Implants blend so smoothly into your smile that to clean and maintain dental implants, you just treat them like all your other teeth!
Dental implants are strong and durable. The reason they’re so long-lasting is that they’re resistant to decay and secured in your jawbone, slowing down the deterioration rate and even reversing the effects in some cases.
Am I a Candidate For Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an ideal treatment option for patients who:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have sufficient jawbone density
- Have healthy gums
- Desire a stable and permanent tooth replacement option
To determine your best options going forward, Dr. Barfuss will need to first assess your oral health during a consultation.
The doctor may determine your gums or jawbone have suffered too much deterioration to be an immediate candidate for dental implants. Rest assured, we’ll work with you to craft a personalized treatment plan that may include supplemental procedures to get your mouth ready for implants.
Dr. Barfuss may also recommend other options such as implant-supported dentures or All-on-4® dental implants instead of traditional implants. Any treatments or alternatives deemed necessary will be discussed fully during your consultation.
The Dental Implant Process
The process of restoring your smile with dental implants spans over several months and is, for most patients, a three-step process:
- Initial Consultation- Before you decide to get dental implants, Dr. Barfuss will need to examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if they’re the right option for you currently. He’ll also answer any questions you have about the procedures.
- Placing Your Implant- After determining that you’re eligible, the next step is to place the implant or implants in your jaw. The titanium post will begin to fuse with your jawbone as it heals. This process is called osseointegration and can take anywhere from three to six months to complete.
- Restoration Placement- After your jaw has completed the healing process, the next step is to have a customized restoration attached to your implant. The most common restoration is a porcelain crown– however, we can provide implant-supported bridges and dentures if they’re more suited to your needs. All of our restorations are customized to match your natural teeth in shape and shade to ensure a brilliant and seamlessly blended smile.